Situated on the northern edge of Midhurst separated by the River Rother. It is in the heart of, and is the official centre of, the Cowdray Estate. The ancient St Mary’s Church sits in harmony with the Priory, which was founded in 13th Century and suppressed in 1536. The attractive main street contains many ancient houses. There is a thriving village shop. The parish stretches as far as South Ambersham and includes the Tudor Cowdray Ruins, one of the most important Tudor nobleman’s houses in the country.